Okay ok, I’ll admit that I was a little freaked out by India. Let’s just admit that it is a chaotic and daunting place to be wandering alone with limited cell phone coverage.
Anyways, now that I am back safe at home, naturally I have the strong desire to go back there, jump into a sketchy rickshaw, take a ride around town, or out as far as I can go. I guess travel can be a drug like that.
I often wonder what it would be like to live in a country like that. I expect that any romantic ideas I may have would be quickly shattered and dissolved by a grim reality, but one still can’t help but wonder. Especially if I could be teaching kids fun stuff, it was quite inspiring to see other people doing that…
My go-to blog sites are as follows:
- kottke.org – hodgepodge of interesting tidbits from the web
- sivers.org/book – concise notes on so many great reads, I have to take my time digesting each post and take mini-notes on his notes, lol
- fourhourworkweek.com/blog – What can I say? Tim Ferriss is just a beast… An intelligent, analytical, blood testing madman. Travel, work, gear, love.. all manner of men’s health discussed.
Last Man on Earth – A little predictable and fast paced, but imaginative and extremely funny nonetheless.
I don’t have a link at the moment =(
Man Seeking Woman – Very awkward when a show so closely mirrors your own life, but damn is it honest and kooky and hilarious.
Workaholics – This is Citizen Kane for immature dirtbags and alcoholics. I’ve found my calling.
Garfunkel and Oates – These chicks are hilarious, cute and musical, all in equal parts. ❤ ❤ ❤ (boner)
Black Mirror – Skip the first episode, the remaining 5 are amazing.
The Warriors – Take it with a grain of salt for its age and campyness, but I fucking loved this movie when I was 11.
I Hate Christian Laettner/ Linsanity – If you have any interest in sports/basketball/underdogs/overdogs, you must watch these fucking classics.
Here is a list of my current favorite podcasts (no bigshots like TAL, Serial or SYSK):
- Roderick on the Line – John Roderick is a (retired) touring musician from Seattle who is so wise, well traveled and eloquent that I consider him one of my greatest role models.
- The Tim Ferriss Show – Habits… Diet, exercise, focus, meditation… what works. Modern productivity hack-dude Tim Ferriss understands what it takes to be successful, interviews huge people, and asks all the right questions. Fucking props.
- Benjamin Walker’s Theory of Everything – Hard to categorize. Modern, meditative, insightful, clever, wistful, uncanny, emojious, brilliant. halhaohal.
- Strangers – Poignant stories of emotion and humanity. There are some back episodes of Strangers that made me weep like a 33 year old boy. I am always interested to see what she will come up with next.
- Let’s Drink About It – Toronto and Brooklyn bros. mix up to talk about personal stories and drink recipes. Personally, I could give a shit about the drinks, but these guys are cool.
- Hello from the Magic Tavern – Nerdy as fuck, riffing on a magical dimension of perverts. This is what improv was designed for.
I don’t know if anyone will ever read this or care, so please comment anything below, =)_